Upper School choir, under the direction of Randi Rexroth, perform the Direction of Intention.
STEAM Day for Girls
STEAM DAY 2020 is canceled
We are disappointed to announce that Middle School STEAM Day for Girls on March 28 is canceled. We look forward to next year.
Stay healthy and well!
Past STEAM Day Workshops included:
- Sew Like a Surgeon
- 21st Century Crime Fighting Tool
- A Day in the Life of a Veterinarian
- Creative Digital Film Making
- Chemistry in Action
- Technical Theater: Sound and Light
- And so much more!
Visitation has long prided itself on maintaining the balance between educating the mind and feeding the soul, so it is in that great tradition that Middle School STEAM Day will venture to expose participants to the creativity and possibilities in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. Professionals in STEAM fields will be invited to lead hands-on workshops with small groups of middle school girls that give the girls a sense of each respective profession.
Since 2009, this day of hands-on workshops, exciting speakers and visits with professionals in a variety of STEAM fields, has provided Twin Cities area 5th through 8th grade girls who are interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts or Math an opportunity to aspire, imagine, explore, and discover STEAM.
ASPIRE to make STEAM a part of your future by meeting professionals in STEAM careers.
IMAGINE the many possibilities involved in STEAM
EXPLORE exciting STEAM topics and careers
DISCOVER cool STEAM activities in “hands on” workshops.
- Bring together young women from different schools and backgrounds.
- Build connections between STEAM professionals, mentors, and young women.
- Generate enthusiasm and confidence to pursue STEAM courses in high school and, ultimately, careers in STEAM fields.
Questions? Email Zindy Mooney, Middle School Dean