Upper School choir, under the direction of Randi Rexroth, perform the Direction of Intention.
Curriculum & Course Catalog
Visitation offers a variety of courses to appeal to students' passions and prepare them for life in a global community. All courses in the Visitation Upper School are challenging college prep courses.
2020-21 Course Catalog
Visitation’s Upper School offers enrichment opportunities to students in the form of summer travel. Students may focus on service, the arts, cultural immersion or science through travel experiences that encourage global citizenship, confidence, curiosity, leadership, strong communication and a genuine appreciation for other cultures.
Please note that international travel is not guaranteed to occur every year.
Students in grade 9-12 are encouraged to participate in any of these programs:
- World Language Tours: On a rotating basis, Visitation's world language department offers immersion experiences in countries related to French, Spanish or Chinese cultures. Students participate in tours and a home-stay, deepening their love for languages and cultures and their passion for travel.
- Spoleto Study Abroad: Study drama, vocal music, visual art, instrumental music, filmmaking, photography or creative writing in beautiful Central Italy. Spoleto Study Abroad page
- VISTORY Service Trip: Partner with students from other Visitation schools to form friendships and perform service during a week-long, Salesian-centered trip to Camden, New Jersey. Contact Anne Williams for additional information.
- Team Mutomo: Learn about the culture and daily life in Zambia by spending time at schools, an orphanage, and medical and dental clinics. Team Mutomo Service to Africa page
- Costa Rica: On this 10-day trip, students are immersed in the study of the rain forest, focusing on the complex and fascinating leaf cutter ants. They work with a scientist to design and carry out their own experiments and present their findings. Students hike, ride horses, zipline and do other activities in the afternoons and evenings.
Costa Rica Science Research Experience: Students spend ten days in the Costa Rican rainforest, where they work alongside scientists to design and conduct their own research focused on leafcutter ants. Contact Charlotte Cleveland or Erin Miller for additional information.
Spoleto Study Abroad: Students spend several weeks immersed in the culture and history of central Italy, where they study fine or performing arts, including drama, vocal music, visual art, instrumental music, filmmaking, photography and creative writing. Contact Elizabeth Arnstein or Charlotte Cleveland for more information.
Team Mutomo: Travel to Africa for a service experience. Learn about the culture and daily life of a particular African country, and interact with and make a positive impact on African people. Contact Jayme Simon or Elizabeth Arnstein for more information.
World Language Tours: On a rotating basis, Visitation’s world language department offers immersion experiences in countries related to French, Spanish or Chinese cultures. Students participate in tours and a home-stay, deepening their love for languages and cultures and their passion for travel. Contact the world language teachers for more information.