What we believe
A lifelong pursuit of beauty, art appreciation and art production can promote the knowledge, acceptance and celebration of diverse forms of expression, and develop our understanding of the human spirit. Immersion in the visual arts – drawing, painting, pottery, mixed media, printmaking and digital arts – fosters individual aesthetic growth and encourages students to discern their own beliefs and values for making personal and artistic decisions.
What students gain
- Exposure to a variety of media and techniques.
- An ability to incorporate design elements and principles into their artwork.
- Opportunities to create with a wide range of materials, subject matter, symbols and ideas.
- Critical skills to assess the characteristics and merits of their work and the work of others.
- An understanding of the visual arts in relation to history and cultures.
- The capability to make connections between visual arts and other disciplines.