Calling all Vis Dads!
Vis Dads is busy readying themselves for another great year of involvement and community building. And we are looking for a few dads (or male guardians)to help us achieve our mission for the 2023-2024 school year, which is:
Create opportunities for dads and male guardians to get involved at Visitation. All dads and male guardians are automatically part of Vis Dads. We seek to:
- Add value to the Visitation community.
- Create fellowship among the dads, families and students.
- Keep it simple, easy and fun.
- Incorporate the Salesian traditions of Visitation
More specifically we support the school by giving our time to events such as homecoming, mother daughter brunch, and Merrie Market. Additionally, we host socials for all Vis Dads, and breakfasts for dads and their students several times per year.
To pull all of this off, we are looking for at least two dads from each division to serve as advocates. What does an advocate do? Advocates help with events in their respective division, source volunteers to ensure the success of school-sponsored, and parent association events, and attends meetings to provide feedback, and generate ideas to build community with other dads.
What events are coming up?
- Homecoming – September 21
- Vis Dads Social – October 2
- Vis Dads Breakfast – October 13
- Mother Daughter Brunch – October 8
We hope to hear from you. Complete this form to let us know you are interested.
Thank you to Boyd Candee for leading Vis Dads again this year.