Head of School Rene Gavic offers a message of gratitude and hope this Thanksgiving.
This is Vis Together: School Reopening Plan
Visitation School is eager to welcome students back for on-campus instruction. Our abundance of space, expansive buildings, 65 acre campus and small class sizes allow us to offer on-campus instruction in a unique way. While this school year will be like no other, we remain committed to our mission to provide an excellent, Catholic education. As always, the health and well-being of our students, families, faculty and staff will continue to be our top priority as we navigate our return to campus.
In creating the plan, we followed guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control, the Archdiocese and outside experts. As guidance shifts, we will be monitoring and adjusting this plan accordingly.
Visitation School will move to remote learning for one week following the Thanksgiving break and one week following the Christmas break. To be in the best position to continue to provide in-person instruction for the long term, we believe that adding this remote learning will provide a natural quarantine period for families to monitor for symptoms. These times call for flexibility and as the situation evolves, we will communicate any further changes as necessary.
Beginning December 7, Visitation will shift to Learning Level Three which includes five days a week, in-person instruction for Lower and Middle School while Upper School will shift to a hybrid/cohort model that will rotate students in and out of the building. This is a short-term shift to keep families safe and mitigate Covid-19 spread in our school community prior to the Christmas holiday. Please know that we have not made these decisions lightly, and we understand that remote learning, even for a short period of time, creates challenges for families.
See Full Communication Here
- November 23-27: Thanksgiving Break
- November 30 - December 4: Visitation School will shift to remote learning for all students in grades K-12. Extended Day will be available for students in K-5. Please contact Julia Dale for options.
- December 7 - 18: Visitation will shift to Learning Level Three: Required Physical Distancing and Lower Density model. Level Three represents a return to on-campus instruction, while following social distancing and density guidelines, to ensure the safety of our students and community. Lower and Middle School students will return to campus for in-person instruction with density guidelines in place. Upper School students will return to in-person instruction rotating within their cohorts prior to final exam week.
- December 19 - January 3: Christmas Break
- January 4-9: Visitation will shift to remote learning for all students in grades K-12. Extended Day will be available for students in grades K-5.
- January 11: Students in K-12 return to campus for in-person instruction in Learning Level Two.
- Is Vis checking temperatures? Is there a health screening our family should follow?
- What cleaning protocols are in place?
- Are face masks required?
- Is there a certain type of uniform mask required?
- How will Vis manage a positive COVID-19 student or employee?
- My child had a close contact with an individual who tested positive. What should we do?
- My child had close contact with an individual with COVID-19 symptoms. What should we do?
- How do I notify Visitation?