Visitation is hiring! Learn more!
School Reopening Plan
We have a few important reminders regarding travel. We ask that Visitation families continue to follow CDC travel guidelines.
The safety measures that Visitation School has put in place together with our partnership with students and families creates a culture of health and safety needed to decrease the likelihood of COVID-19 transmission so that our students can continue on-campus instruction. With that in mind, if your family chooses to travel in the following months, please assess current COVID-19 levels in that community and determine the precautions needed after travel.
Minnesota Department of Health offers these guidelines to think about:
- How much COVID-19 is spreading where you are going and how much it is spreading in your local community.
- Whether you or someone you are traveling with could get very sick from COVID-19.
- How easy or difficult it will be to keep 6 feet between people.
- Check travel restrictions before you go United States or International
- Whether you would be able to miss work, school, or other activities if you get sick
- Please follow CDC guidelines for travel recommendations:
- If you are traveling, consider getting tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip. Also consider getting tested with a viral test 3-5 days after your trip and reduce non-essential activities for a full 7 days after travel, even if your test is negative. If you don't get tested, consider reducing non-essential activities for 10 days after travel.
We also ask that Visitation families follow the recommended safety measures when outside of Visitation School:
- Wear a mask and wash hands frequently
- Maintain physical distance of six feet
- Report any potential exposure, symptoms, or a positive test to school nurse JoAnne Geiser
Thank you for your partnership and commitment to our community's health and safety during the pandemic. Questions? Please reach out to your division director. Lower and Middle School Director is Dr. Ben Tierney. Upper School Director is Dr. Anna Barter.