Head of School Rene Gavic offers a message of gratitude and hope this Thanksgiving.
We have a few important reminders regarding travel. We ask that Visitation families continue to follow CDC travel guidelines.
The safety measures that Visitation School has put in place together with our partnership with students and families creates a culture of health and safety needed to decrease the likelihood of COVID-19 transmission so that our students can continue on-campus instruction. With that in mind, if your family chooses to travel in the following months, please assess current COVID-19 levels in that community and determine the precautions needed after travel.
Minnesota Department of Health offers these guidelines to think about:
- How much COVID-19 is spreading where you are going and how much it is spreading in your local community.
- Whether you or someone you are traveling with could get very sick from COVID-19.
- How easy or difficult it will be to keep 6 feet between people.
- Whether you would be able to miss work, school, or other activities if you get sick
- Travel to or from Minnesota: Out-of-state travel is highly discouraged. Incoming visitors and Minnesotans who travel out of state are asked to stay home (quarantine) for 14 days. During those 14 days, it is important that you watch for symptoms and stay home if you become sick. For information on testing, visit Find Testing Locations. If you have to go somewhere, wear a mask, stay 6 feet from people and wash your hands often.
We also ask that Visitation families follow the recommended safety measures when outside of Visitation School:
- Wear a mask and wash hands frequently
- Maintain physical distance of six feet
- Report any potential exposure, symptoms, or a positive test to school nurse JoAnne Geiser
Thank you for your partnership and commitment to our community's health and safety during the pandemic. Questions? Please reach out to your division director. Lower and Middle School Director is Dr. Ben Tierney. Upper School Director is Dr. Anna Barter.