Head of School Rene Gavic offers a message of gratitude and hope this Thanksgiving.
In our continued effort to keep our community informed regarding COVID-19 within our building, we will provide weekly updates via Visitation's Parent E-News and on the This is Vis Together webpage. The school will communicate directly with families should your child be considered a close contact and required to quarantine.
Since last Wednesday's update, there have been 8 COVID-19 cases in the building. We continue to have no known cases of transmission within the school building. See the COVID-19 Dashboard here.
The building is cleaned and sanitized daily per CDC guidelines, and we continue to follow MDH guidelines to monitor the situation. We are asking all members of our community to minimize the spread of illness by taking the following actions:
- Protect yourself and others by wearing a face covering; keep a physical distance from each other of at least six feet, wash your hands often with soap and water; cover your cough and sneeze; and avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- If you are sick, stay home. Even mild symptoms can result in positive Covid-19 test results.
- Be sure to complete Visitation's COVID-19 screening each morning.
- Limit social gatherings-- we know these are high-risk events. As community spread increases, we ask that if your child has been involved in a high-risk activity (sleepovers, travel, large indoor social gatherings, etc.) to consider Visitation's School@Home program and self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Please see MDH's COVID-19 decision tree for guidance.
- For more information on COVID-19, please see the MDH website.
The health and well-being of our students, families, faculty and staff remains our top priority. The measures that Visitation School has implemented, together with your partnership, creates a culture of health and safety needed to decrease the likelihood of COVID-19 transmission. For more information on the health and safety protocols that Visitation School has in place, please visit Visitation's School Reopening page.