Upper School choir, under the direction of Randi Rexroth, perform the Direction of Intention.
Greetings Lower School Families,
Lower School Virtual Town Hall Event
Please join us our Lower School Virtual Town Hall on Thursday, May 14 at 6:30 p.m. Head of School Rene Gavic and I will host this event. If you would like to submit questions and/or concerns ahead of time, please fill out this short form. Find the meeting link here.
Here are some highlights of our Distance Learning program this week:
- We celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week. Visitation is very blessed to have talented and committed teachers. Please check out the beautiful appreciation video that was created by our Parents' Association.
- It was Chinese Culture Week. Our students created beautiful Chinese art and learned about Chinese traditions and culture.
- Our teachers are working hard to make Distance Learning fun, engaging and meaningful. Mrs. Weiss and Mrs. Olken-Hunt are teaming up with enrichment teacher Mrs. Schletz to learn about the animal life cycle by hatching real chicken eggs. Check out their instructional video: Handling Chicken Eggs. Mrs. Weiss, Mrs. O and Mrs. Schletz need your help with naming our chicks! Fill out this form and give us your ideas!
- Fifth graders took a leadership role on Thursday at a virtual meeting with our first graders called Kindness Rocks. Students created kindness actions to be posted around the house or around the neighborhood and even had time to paint inspirational words and phrases on rocks to be relocated to special locations.
Upcoming Spirit Days
- Wednesday, May 13: PJs
- Wednesday, May 20: Class Color Days - Wear your Vis class t-shirt
- Wednesday, May 27: Sports Wear - Show pride for your favorite team!
Please connect with me if I can do anything to support you. I wish you a blessed Mother's Day!
Director of Lower School