Key dates for 2020-21 school year
A welcome message from Head of School Rene Gavic:
Dear Students and Families:
It is my great joy to welcome you to the 147th school year at Visitation! Drawing strength and direction from our Salesian Spirituality, we enter this year refreshed and committed to our work. Work that centers on nurturing each student's unique talents and gifts -- encouraging them to be the best versions of themselves as they become thoughtful, impactful leaders who will make a difference in our world.
Our exceptional and dedicated faculty and staff are ready and eager to welcome students. Please click here to learn more about the talented group of professionals who have joined our learning community.
In addition to our new faculty and staff, we also welcome two new Trustees to our board, Tomas Gonzalez and Betsy Russomanno. Our Trustees will guide us as we enter the third year of our Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS) accreditation process. Every seven years we renew our accreditation which includes three years of self-study, a survey of our community (a summary of survey results can be found here) and an external review. As part of our external review, we look forward to welcoming our ISACS visiting team the week of Oct. 6. The visiting team will help us look objectively at our strengths, challenges and priorities for the coming years.
This summer, our campus has been a busy place filled with the bustle of many joyful activities, including the following:
- Several faculty and staff from our Visitation community joined members from St. Louis Visitation and Georgetown Visitation on a meaningful and transformative pilgrimage to France. We followed in the footsteps of our founders St. Francis de Sales and St. Jane de Chantal, and we look forward to sharing with our community all that we learned. To see photos from our journey, please visit our Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Our Childcare and Summer Solutions programs have filled the the school with student life and learning since the week after school ended.
- The Fine Arts bathrooms have had a thorough refresh which included resurfacing the ceilings, new lighting, painting walls and partitions, and steam cleaning tile and porcelain.
- The Black Box is no longer black! It is a bright light gray. This was completed along with many other painting projects throughout the building.
- Both gym floors sport a fresh cost of varnish.
We are grateful and treasure the confidence you place in us as partners in educating your children. Enjoy the final week of summer. I look forward to a wonderful school year beginning on August 26.
Head of School