Upper School choir, under the direction of Randi Rexroth, perform the Direction of Intention.
Visitation School Fall Reopening Plan
Visitation School is eager to welcome students back for on campus on August 26. While this school year will be like no other, we remain committed to our mission to provide an excellent, Catholic education. As always, the health and well-being of our students, families, faculty and staff will continue to be our top priority as we navigate our return to campus.
Visitation School is blessed with an abundance of space — our small class sizes, expansive buildings and 65-acre campus allow us to meet social distance guidelines for in-person instruction in a unique way. In creating the plan, we followed guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control, the Archdiocese and outside experts. As guidance shifts, we will be monitoring and adjusting this plan accordingly.
Our school reopening plan allows Visitation to be flexible as needed throughout the school year to provide continuity of learning and instruction for our students. Through creative use of the Monastery space, significant investment in technology and facilities, expanded health office, exceptional faculty and staff, and robust planning, we are uniquely prepared to deliver an excellent Vis education during these unpredictable times.
While we have been busy planning over the summer, here are a few of the steps we have taken to prepare for the 20-21 school year:
- Repurposed academic spaces to maximize social distancing
- Creation of academic spaces, using the monastery building
- Adjusted schedules to accommodate staggered start and end times
- Expanded the Health Office into the Infirmary which allows us to quickly and safely isolate students experiencing symptoms
- Established new and increased cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing protocols and added custodial staff
- Invested in instructional technology across all divisions to enhance our ability to reach students in a variety of settings
- Addition of Plexiglass in high-traffic areas when social distancing is not possible
- Analysis of the HVAC system to ensure high air quality control
While our day-to-day may look and feel different than in years past, the essence of a Visitation education remains the same: a challenging, mission-driven academic experience, dedicated faculty, and intentional, authentic engagement that shapes the whole student. Our commitment to our students and families has never been stronger.
The health and well-being of our community, the ability to continue to safely provide in-person instruction and pivot as needed will depend on our partnership -- all of our families, students, faculty and staff working together to maintain best practices for a healthy campus.